The Federation of Asian Biotech Associations (FABA) is a registered non-profit society, which currently represents 20 Asian Countries with common objective of promoting human health through advances in Life Sciences in accordance with sustainable development principles
In order to offer different services such as exchange of expertise, technology transfer, resource sharing, business collaborations, industry-academia connections, cross border trades and investments, laws and regulations to academia, experts and companies in member countries, faba intends to establish a strong electronic networking and social networks.
Please fill out application forms
Application form for researchers
Application form for companies
Application form for institution
FABA Road Map for the next two years
Ratified by FABA executive Committee on Feb. 7 201
1. To promote and safeguard the overall interests of Biotechnology as a science, profession, industry or trade by coordinating with research professionals, entrepreneurs, industries and academic institutions of Asian Countries.
2. To promote collaborations between academia and industries engaged in biotechnology among the member and non-member countries.
3. To promote the development of Biotechnology and to establish just and equitable principles of participation and practice among the member countries.
4. To act as a facilitator between Industry and Governments to encourage investments in the field of Biotechnology and also cross border trade in terms of export outsourcing of services, products and other related activities.
5. To sponsor study and business teams to member countries and any other place in the world and to invite individuals, experts and scientists and similar delegations from member countries for elsewhere. individuals, experts and scientists and similar delegations from member countries for elsewhere.
To achieve the objectives and integrate strength and expertise while covering all disciplines in a benefit-based network of experts and companies in member countries the following activities will be done in a two-year rolling plan:
- Categorizing FABA activities in four Biotech disciplines:
- Medical Biotach which includes diagnosis, gene therapy, Cell therapy, Immunotherapy, and so on.
- AgBiotech which includes transgenic plants and animals, biofertilizers, biocontrol agents, genomic selection, and so on.
- Industrial and environmental Biotech which includes drug discovery and development, biopharmaceutical, production of enzyme and metabolite, bioremediation, bioleaching, and so on.
- Biotech infrastructure which includes equipment and device manufacturing, GMP facility design, manufacturing and plant design, standardization and so on.
- Categorizing experts and companies in member countries based on the above divisions in a web-based database to facilitate searches and match making.
- Selecting management committee members for each of the above divisions in BioAsia events every four years.
- Establishing similar structure or assigning existing chapters in each member country.
- Establishing strong electronic networking through mailing list and web-based tools and social networks
- Offering services such as exchange of expertise, technology transfer, resource sharing, business collaborations, industry-academia connections, cross border trades and investments, laws and regulations to academia, experts and companies in member countries through:
- Assistance through FABA chapters in each of the above disciplines in member countries who knows local laws and regulations, promotions and facilities for the relevant industries.
- Facilities given to knowledge-based companies in every member countries.
- Facilities provided by international protocols for technology exchange, production plants, science parks, free zones and so on.
- Facilities provided by intergovernmental protocols, such as scientific and economic collaboration protocols and funds.
- Genomic data analysis
- Creating revenues for funding FABA activities through receiving grants, offering paid services such as technology evaluation, consultations, auditing, insurance brokering, etc.
- Organizing FABA summits in Biotechnology International events held in every member countries.
- Networking with Biotechnology Federations in other continents.
Drafted Time Table for 2017 Action Plan